This month, our Executive Chef Steve Vining discusses some of the great characteristics of grapes and shares a quick and easy chicken salad recipe:
There are a couple of ways to enjoy grapes:
- Paired with some good cheese
- Adding them to your favorite tuna salad
Personally, I like adding them to our chicken salad. Here’s how you do it:
- (2) chicken breasts poached in 1 gallon of water and 1 cup of white wine.
- Bring to a boil and turn off the heat, cover and let finish cooking poaching liquid
- Remove the cooked chicken (160*) and cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut into small marble size pieces.
Then, you’ll need:
- 1 Cup of Grapes cut in half
- 1/2 Red Peppers small diced
- 1/2 small Red onion small diced
- 1 TBSP Apple Vinegar
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- Pinch White Pepper
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy:
- On a bed of mixed green
- With some toasted pita points
- Or just by its self.
Grapes help relieve inflammation in the throat, mouth, gums and eyes and are known to strengthen internal organs. They are high in antioxidants and contain good amounts of vitamin A, B-complex and C.